We will be hosting a trip to Guatemala exclusively for those who sponsor children in La Limonada through Lemonade International.
The plan is to have participants fly from their hometown airport and meet in Guatemala City with other sponsors from around the country to spend quality time with the child/teacher you sponsor!
The trip will include personal visits, time at both of the schools in La Limonada and a special field trip with the sponsored child/teacher.
When: April 25 – 29, 2012
Wednesday, April 25: Arrive in Guatemala City
Thursday, April 26: Visits with children/teachers at schools and homes
Friday, April 27: Field Trip with sponsors and child/teacher
Saturday, April 28: Day in Antigua
Sunday, April 29: Depart for Home
- Airfare: $300-700 (to be booked after you receive confirmation from a Lemonade International team member)
- Food & Lodging: $120 per person at the Lemonade House (includes three meals per day)
- Administrative Fee: $200 per person (covers LI fees, facilitation of trip, transportation, support for team on the ground that will serve you during your stay)
- Activity Fee: To be determined after the field trip is planned (approx. $10 per person)
- Personal Spending Money: $50 is suggested (including lunch at your own expense on Saturday)
Please Note: Typically for each group member there is also a cost of $300 per person which helps to provide sustainable support for our programs in La Limonada. The child/teacher sponsorship trip is set up differently than other trips through Lemonade International but we would still like to challenge you to raise this additional amount to help support the programs we support in La Limonada.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please email Cherie at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review the Short-Term Groups Important Information document for more details.