As we look back at what has happened through our organization in our first nine months, it is amazing to think of all that has taken place.
We were incorporated in March, began our child sponsorship program in July, received our favorable determination letter for our 501(c)(3) status in September, helped to purchase a new school building in La Limonada, and now have more than 80 children being sponsored by individuals and families here in the States.
We are thankful for all that has transpired and we are grateful for all of you who have helped to make everything happen.
As 2009 begins… it is now time to look ahead. And it is with great anticipation that we look forward to what is in store for the coming year.
- Later this month we will be sending our first full-time International Servant to work in La Limonada with Tita and her team. Leah Craver will be leaving for Guatemala on January 29th to serve there for the year. She’s been preparing for this for quite some time… and would be grateful for your prayers and support.
- We are off and running with our partnership with Lifepointe Church here in Raleigh, NC. We will be with them the next few weekends to get as many children as possible sponsored. We are seeking for other churches, business and organizations to partner with as well.
- We are doing everything we can to help fully establish the second school on “the other side” in La Limonada. The building that has been purchased has the potential of serving up to 300 children when it is fully restored. Approximately 100 children will be attending school there beginning in February while work is being done on the rest of the building.
- While Leah is in La Limonada, she will be hosting mission teams throughout the year who will be serving short-term by reaching out to children and families, conducting medical and dental clinics, assisting with construction projects, etc. Twelve teams are already booked for 2009. If you are interested in a short-term project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be launching a teacher sponsorship program where teachers here in the US can sponsor a teacher from the schools in La Limonada by praying for them, corresponding with them and donating to help significantly increase their present salary of $7/day.
This is just a snapshot of what’s ahead. You can sign up for blog email updates at the top-right of the blog homepage or subscribe to this blog in an RSS reader to stay up to date on our progress this year.
Thanks so much for your prayers and support as we head into new territory this year!